Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Dr. Jefferson

I met Dr. Jefferson 21 years ago. I was listening to Gene Burns on WRKO. The issue was abortion and Gene was a very "pro-choice" guy.

He took a call from a very articulate woman who just simply tore him apart. He was actually left speechless.

I recognized that it was Dr. Jefferson. I had seen her a few times on TV and remembered well her distinctive voice. I called MCFL to get her number so as to congratulate

her brilliant performance. Wouldn't you know, she got my number from them and called me and recruited me right on the spot.

I drove her to many events and meetings and made a great many friends through her over the years.

 

Sometimes she could be stubborn, but then you would watch her change people's minds to the pro-life position and your heart would melt.

Several years ago, I drove Dr. J and Adrienne Denney to Mount Holyoke College, where she engaged two professors on the "pro-choice" side. I was the only guy there.

I saw her change minds right there on the spot. Truly amazing, given the circumstances.

 

Bless her heart. She would tell me to arrive at a given time and was always  "just a little behind in her preparations."  In all those years she met me at the appointed time exactly once.


Leave it to Dr Jefferson. This one time, she left too early.

 

I know it's a cliché', but earnestly, We will never see anyone like her again. Never!

 

God Bless you doctor.

 

Sincerely,

 

Frank Stanton

No comments:

Post a Comment