Monday, October 18, 2010

Dr. Jefferson

The last time I saw Dr. Jefferson was here at the MCFL Open House on September 10th.  She was telling me a story and mentioned a man's name as though I knew who he was but I did not.  When I told her that I didn't know who that was, she answered, "He already went to the reunion."

I looked puzzled and asked, "What reunion?"  She answered, "The great pro-life reunion" and I realized that she meant that the man had passed away but I also had a very clear image in my mind of such a reunion (and had particular people in mind), so I said to her, "What a wonderful thought!  I can't wait to go there!" 

She looked at me in horror, so I hastened to add, "Not that either one of us is going to go to that reunion any time soon...there's far to much work to be done here!"  She nodded her head and said, "That's right!"

Despite the irony, I take great comfort in thinking of her enjoying the Great Pro-life Reunion with so very many people who fought the good fight beside her and because of her. 

Janet Callahan
Mass.Citizens for Life

No comments:

Post a Comment