Monday, August 30, 2010

Pray for the Smith Family - trial postponed again!


logo
Last week we told you: Now, after three long years, almost to the day, Rapin Osathanond, the abortionist involved in her death, will finally go on trial for manslaughter.

This is a landmark case in Massachusetts - the first trial of an abortionist in the death of a mother.

The trial will start on Sept 7th with jury selection and continue for 1 1/2 - 3 1/2 weeks at the Barnstable County Court House.

Well, the trial has been put off again (for the umpteenth time).

Ironically, it is scheduled for Monday, September 13 - exactly three years, to the day, since Laura's tragic death at the hands of abortionistRapin Osathanond. Maybe that is fitting, but how cruel for Laura's family!

I am reminded of what Eileen Smith wrote a year ago on the occasion of Senator Kennedy's death:



I would like to share with you again this poignant email from Eileen Smith and felt you would want to read it:

Laura died on the wrong side of Kennedy's Politics


My daughter, Laura Hope Smith died from a botched abortion in a doctor's office in Hyannis, MA on September 13th, 2007, down the street from the Kennedy Compound. I raised my family on Cape Cod near the medical Mecca of the world (Boston) with a false sense of security. Surely all our medical needs would be taken care of with the latest of technologies and the best of the best of doctors. Never in my wildest dreams could I have imagined my daughter would die at the hands of a Harvard Fellow doctor who practiced 3rd world medicine in our midst.

Laura died from the same drug that killed Michael Jackson, Propofol. Laura died for the same reason: carelessness, criminal negligence and recklessness. I was told the drs. criminal trail may start in February of 2010.

In January, a few months after my daughter's death, I knew I had to contact Senator Kennedy, the head of the US Senate Health Committee. Surely he would want to know what was happening in his own back yard in Hyannis. He certainly would not stand for such "abortions". I had visions of him personally closing down the office in righteous indignation. I had not followed Kennedy's political career and did not know he left his Catholic moorings of "Respect for Life" and joined the "Choice" group. I was totally unaware of Life politics at the time. I thought all Catholics were for Life. It was a given. After all, the Pope was watching!

I made a personal visit to the Senator's Washington DC office at the Senate by appointment and met with one of his aides. We spoke for almost an hour; she was polite, listened and took notes. She assured me I would hear back from her or someone else. One month went by. I called her, reminded her who I was and refreshed her on my story. Again I was assured I would hear something. I never did. Never got a call back. Never an ounce of concern came from Senator Ted Kennedy or his office regarding my daughter, whose life was snuffed short, carelessly, by the Harvard Fellow. To this day I cannot dignify him with the title of doctor. I refer to him by his first name, Rapin. Ironic isn't it? Rapin? I feel my daughter's life was raped from her along with my grandchild's.

The "Lion of the Senate", the Champion of the Little People and the overseer of Health Care in America was noticeably absent in the outcry after Laura's death. Also absent were all the organizations that are for "safe and legal" abortions. No, the lion didn't roar.

Much later I heard that Kennedy came down with brain cancer. I am sure he had the best of care by the highest caliber of doctors. But in the end it didn't matter, it was terminal. At least his family knew his end was near and could say goodbye. Laura and I never had that chance.



No comments:

Post a Comment