Sunday, June 17, 2012

A Father's Day Treat For All


When Dick Carey shared his poem with me, I thought how appropriate for Father's Day.  Dick is a Dad, a Grand Dad, and, as you read in the current MCFL News, a Foster Dad. Best wishes to all! Anne

 

I AM A HUMAN BEING

 

I am not just some tissue.

I am not just an issue.

I am not merely a choice.

I'm a child without a voice.

 

You can speak for me,  

But you won't.

You can defend me,   

But you don't.

 

If not you, then who?

If not now, then when?

 

I am not a fish.  

I am not a cat.  

I want to be born.  

What's wrong with that?

 

The child after birth, you protect.  

The child before birth, you neglect.

Why, except for his age and size,  

Should one live while the other dies?

 

I am not only voiceless,  

I am voteless, too.  

So, remember in November  

That I shall have much need of you.

 

                           Richard Carey                



No comments:

Post a Comment