Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day PS: Pro-Life Rap and an amazing video


Treat #1: Unborn twins caught on MRI video for the first time, New Scientist

 

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn21888-unborn-twins-caught-on-video-mri-for-the-first-time.html?DCMP=OTC-rss&nsref=online-news

 

Treat #2: Jim Drummey is another of our Father/ Grandfather stalwarts who wrote this great "rap". Pro-lifers are amazing! Enjoy both, Anne

 

 

A PRO-LIFE RAP-SODY

by Jim Drummey

 

 

Yo, everybody, my name is Jolene

The cutest little chick you've ever seen.

I'm not very big in my 18th week

But I'll tell you more if you let me speak.

 

My heart is working, and so's my brain.

Stick me with a needle, I'll feel the pain.

I'm kicking my legs and sucking my thumb

And bouncing around on my tiny bum.

 

My mom's just beginning to feel me move

With all systems go, I'm in a groove.

I sure hope everything turns out right

So in a few months I can see daylight.

 

I've heard some stories that make me worry

About friends of mine in quite a flurry.

They told me that millions of other kids

Have had their lives put on the skids.

 

It seems there are those who are kind of wild

They talk about a "choice" and not a child.

They say that some of us shouldn't be born

And never have a choice to see the dawn.

 

Never have a choice to laugh or smile

Never have a choice to run the mile.

Never have a choice to be a dancer

Or maybe to find a cure for cancer.

 

Never have a choice to watch a storm

Never have a choice to attend a prom

Never have a choice to jump and sing

Never gonna wear a wedding ring.

 

But why should people deny our portion

And impose on us the evil of abortion?

It doesn't seem fair, so I raise my voice

Don't you think us babies should have a choice?

 

But our problem is that we're hidden from view

And if people can't see us, what can we do?

We need some friends who will tell the truth

Friends like you, our Confirmation youth.

 

So whadda you say, will you let them dis

This life of mine, big brother and sis?

I'm countin' on you to save my skin

From the abortion crowd that would do me in.

 

I need your voice and I need your prayers

I need you to help me with my cares.

As I told you before, my name is Jolene

I'd like to grow up and become a teen.

 

So whadda you say, good friends of mine?

Will you step right up and draw a line?

Say a big NO to the "pro-choice" fraud

And please help defend this child of God.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment