The blog for Massachusetts Citizens for Life: the pro-life movement in the Bay State since 1973.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
You can show your love this Valentine Week
There are so many things going on where your love and good work will really help:
1) CHOOSE LIFE LICENSE PLATE - a wonderful Valentine gift for you or a loved one - a cliche but so true here. It warms the cockles of my heart to see a Choose Life plate on the road partly because I know it freezes the hearts of the pro-abs. Polls show most people have no idea of the abortion situation in this country, so the plates are very educational.
2) OCTOBER BABY- I saw it with a bunch of teenage girls from Texas. They loved it. You know what, though, so did all the other people. The guys were all gaga over the star. You have a chance to attend a special showing at the Dedham Community Theater in Dedham Square on Sunday the 17th at 9:00 PM. What a nice outing for you and your guests.
Our West Roxbury Chapter has leased the rights to show
October Baby in theaters for a year. If you cannot make Dedham, or if you like it so much, you can arrange a showing anywhere in the state and WR will provide you the movie for free. This is a wonderful non-confrontational way to get the message to current activists and also to new people! If you are interested, press "reply" and they get back to you.
3) WALK BABY CONTEST - all babies are beautiful, but especially your little one, your grandchild, your neighbor, or that cutie you see in church! You may submit a picture of a 6-24 month old online or by mail to Mass Citizens, Schrafft Center, 529 Main Street, 1M9, Charlestown, 02129, The deadline is February 28th, so please encourage parents to submit or to let you submit. http://respectlifewalk.org/?p=223
4) ROSE DRIVES throughout the year benefit Mass Citizens and help to educate people across the state about the work we do. People are so generous about organizing Drives in their communities. Please consider being one of those generous people! Just press "reply" Thank you.
5) 40 DAYS FOR LIFE starts across the state tomorrow, Ash Wednesday.
You can be part of 40 Days for Life no matter where in Massachusetts you live! There is still time to volunteer for this wonderful prayer and witness effort for life!
I think you will rejoice to see that Planned Parenthood on Commonwealth Avenue has been added this campaign. All the contact info is below.