Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Urgent Action Item From No on 2!


I got this yesterday from the No on Question 2 Campaign.  They need our help right away.  I'm sure you'll all do your best. -Anne
_________

Dear Friends,

I need your help. Please, stop whatever you're doing right now and take a moment to go to www.noonquestion2.org (CLICK HERE) to fill out your Doctor-Prescribed Suicide Opposition Form.  Let your voice be heard.  Speak out against Question 2.

On Friday I wrote to make sure you knew about an attempt by the radical death lobby to bring Doctor-Prescribed Suicide to Massachusetts.  I also asked you for your help to defeat them.  We arestill fighting an uphill fundraising battle against the foreignbillionaires funding the suicide activists' campaign and we need your generous gift of $25, $50, $75 or whatever you can afford to level theplaying field.

Ialso need you to make sure you fill out your Doctor-Prescribed Suicide Opposition Form and let people know that you oppose Question 2 and thedanger it poses to the vulnerable.

Make no mistake, if Doctor-Prescribed Suicide is legalized the elderly, disabled and severely ill will all suffer.  When suicide becomes a treatment it may soon become a preferred treatment for state regulators and insurance companies looking to hold down costs. 

Consider what happened to Barbara Wagner of Oregon, where Doctor-Prescribed Suicide is legal.  She'd beaten cancer twice but when it returned her health plan refused to pay for an expensive life-extending treatment recommended by her doctor.  Instead they offered her a lethal prescription with no co-pay.  In their view she was too old, too sick and too poor to deserve more time with friends and family.

I can't speak for you, but I don't want government bureaucrats and profit-driven corporations making these decisions for me and my loved ones.  I don't want my insurance company to decide whether my life is worth the money.  If suicide becomes a treatment, however, that is exactly what will happen. That's why I need you to stand with me and say no to Question 2. 

Please, CLICK HERE to fill out your Doctor-Prescribed Suicide Opposition Form.  After you fill out your form, please send us your generous donation of $25, $50, $75 or whatever you can afford to help us educate the people of the Commonwealth about the very real dangers posed by Question 2.

With healthcare costs rising, the proponents of the law in Question 2 are looking for a way to cut costs by cutting out real, compassionate care for the vulnerable in society.  I don't want to let that happen and I'm sure you don't either. Please stand with me and fight Question 2 (CLICK HERE).

Yours for real dignity,
Robin Loughman, RN
Chairwoman, No on Question 2--Massachusetts Against Doctor-Prescribed Suicide

PS--Time is running out.  With only seven weeks to go we need to really step up our efforts to defeat Question 2.  Please, fill out you opposition form now. 

PPS--Remember, we don't have wealthy foreign billionaires supporting our efforts.  It's down to concerned citizens like you and me.  Please donate and be as generous as you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment