The bill has a new number but the same old problems (see below), especially teaching children how to get secret abortions.
This is what each of us needs to do: we must call our own senator and representative right now urging them to vote against S - 2013.
You will find the phone number for your senator at https://malegislature.gov/People/Senate and your representative at https://malegislature.gov/People/House
If you do not know the names of your legislators, you may look them up here. http://www.wheredoivotema.com/bal/myelectioninfo.aspx
Please let your legislators know your concerns about this dangerous bill! Anne
What does the bill propose to do?
- This bill makes the MA Health Curriculum Frameworks normative for sexuality education throughout the Commonwealth
- The Health Curriculum Frameworks would teach young people how to get an abortion, and contraceptives without parental knowledge
- They give tacit approval to teenage sexual activity and abortion regardless of what parents may wish to teach their children
- They do not respect the Freedom of Religion, by which parents would pass on their values to their children
- Passage of this bill would make "comprehensive sex education" a one-size-fits-all for all children regardless of individual maturity and readiness
- A public policy of "comprehensive sex education" has failed our young people over the last few decades (26% of teen girls in America have an STD, this includes 48% of black teenage girls; Massachusetts has the 11th highest teen abortion rate in the nation)
- This bill would have the Commonwealth determine how many parents have opted their child out of sexed – without determining how many school districts have notified parents of the radical nature of the Frameworks objectives. Therefore the number of opt-outs is likely to be small, and may be used as a justification for eliminating parents' right to opt-out.